Friday, July 5, 2013

Patriotic Outdoor Decor

Hellloooo Friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!
 
 Barbecue ✓ Fireworks ✓ Family & Friends ✓ Great Day!
 
I also got to sleep in and do a little housekeeping and laundry before I spent the afternoon/evening celebrating.
 
There are a few things working on the day after 4th of July taught me.
 
1.  Most people don't work the day after 4th of July (when it falls on a Friday)  This is evident by the lack of cars in the parking lots (we have five or six lots, not even two were totally full)
 
2. Evidently everyone in my office also have neighbors who shot off fireworks until well after midnight (and by midnight I mean 2 am.)  Everyone must live near one of "those" people. If you don't live near one of them, you might be one of them.  Ha Ha!
 
3.  I can not function on 4 hours of sleep. (Thank you my patriotic, celebrating neighbors!)
 
Anyhoo, I am hear today to show you how I changed my outdoor decor from this: 
 
  To this:
 
 Not quite as colorful as before, but properly patriotic.☺ I have also added mulch so that I don't have to weed as much, but obviously that cuts down on color.
 
I made my Uncle Sam outdoor decor from four thrifted items.  Wouldn't you know that I realized after I arranged and glued everything on that I didn't take any picture of the pieces by their self!?!  Ugh, oh well!
 
The Uncle Sam part was originally a door hanger but since I already have a door decoration I had other plans for him. 
 
I scored Uncle Sam for $ .75.  The cute ladder was $1.50 and the rustic looking American flag and Liberty Bell were $ .25 each.  I arranged them all on the ladder, fired up my hot glue gun and
Ta-Da! 
 
A new addition to my patriotic decor for less than $3. I like that!
 
I also would like to wish my sweet niece, Miss A, a very happy 8th birthday today!!
 
Miss A is beautiful inside and out and I am so blessed to be her Aunt 
(Miss A being photobombed by Miss K-haha!)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be back Sunday with my thrifted treasures from Saturday! Hope to see you then!
 
Linking this up with the awesome ladies at  

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty!!!! Cute patriotic decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! :) I enjoy being crafty! :) Hope you are having a great rest of this holiday weekend!

      Delete