Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Monday Musings

Hello Friends! I hope you are having a Marvelous Monday!
 
I know that Monday is not everyone's favorite day of the week, and it is definitely not mine either, but I also do not hate it.  What I like about Monday is that it is a fresh start to a week. (Yes, I know the week officially starts on Sunday...just work with me here...)  I've decided to start a regular Monday post called "Monday Musings."  This weekly post will just be a random hodge-podge (not to be confused with Mod-Podge, which I am a fan of) of whatever I want it to be about on any given Monday.☺So sit back and enjoy my Monday Musings... (disclaimer-I was not feeling very well last night (Monday) so I didn't get this blog post finished...I know it's not Monday... oh well, maybe I should have re-named this Tuesday Tales...lol ☺)
 
So, to address the elephant in the room...yes, I have been gone from blogging for a few months.  I took a little break without really meaning to and then it just turned into a big break.  I may have very well lost every follower (ok, not everyone, I know your still here Mom ♥) but if you are still here, I'm grateful, and I love you.  The end.
 
So, the last few months have been very busy; my sweet Nana (you can read about her HEREHERE & HERE ) has had a decline in her health and after her last stint in the hospital (after a mild heart attack and a nasty fall) it was necessary for her to no longer live alone.  I helped my Mom & Dad fix up their extra bedroom and Nana moved in with them.  It has been hard, and it has been very emotional, but I am still so thankful to have my grandma with us. My parents are amazing, generous people.  I have such an awesome, amazing family.  Blessed, I am.
 
Nana and her five great-granddaughters on Mother's Day 2013

Speaking of family...in April, we welcomed my new, sweet niece, Miss G, to our family.  (You can read about her sisters, Miss A, Miss K & Miss T HERE )  Yes, that makes four, FOUR, girls for my sister's family! I'm such a slacker over here with one...☺  Welcome to the world Miss G, I know God has a great plan for your life and I am so happy to be your Aunt!
(Isn't she a doll!☺)
 
I joined Weight Watchers in January, and I am happy to report I have lost about 30 lbs so far! I feel fantastic, and I am looking at reaching my goal weight (about another 30 lbs) by my birthday in November. It's do-able, and I am motivated!
 
Now for some real random weirdness...do you know they make gummy vitamins?? I recently found out I was Vitamin D deficient, and my doctor also got onto me about not taking a multi-vitamin, so I high-tailed it to the store to look at my vitamin options... Gummies...go figure. For the first time in my life I am having no problems taking my vitamins.  I really hope by the time I have to take as much medicine as poor Nana that every medicine is a gummy. ☺
 
So, I have been busy thrifting & creating and I can't wait to show you some of the things I have snagged & things I have created.  I will be back Thursday with my latest project...here's a hint...
 
Are you intrigued? Ha ha!

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I AM still following and always enjoy your posts! And I'm so glad you're taking your vitamins! :) Love you - Mom (You've got to teach me how to comment un-anonymously)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! You are so cute, Mom! I thought I helped you figure that out before! :) Thanks for being my biggest fan! Love you! :)

      Delete