Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tomato Cage Trees

You say tomato, I say tomhato....:)
 
Anyway you say it, tomato/tamhato cages were what I used in a project I have had planned all year....

Yes, you heard me correctly. Last year I saw some tomato cage trees somewhere on some fantastic blog (that I did not write down-boo me) I did a Pinterest search to see if I could find the source. Sheesh! Do you have any idea how many people are out there making tomato cage trees? ALOT! I had never read any of their blogs though, so I didn't get the idea from them. So thank you fantastic nameless blog that inspired me, I salute you. :)

 I saved my tomato cages from last summer and bought the "good" garland and lights at 90% off after Christmas. I would like to pretend that once I had all my supplies I whipped those suckers out. Nope. Didn't happen. I made these last week.
 
I started by flipping the cages upside down and clipping them together with a binder clip. I then tied the cage together so it would resemble a tree.

 
Evidently I felt the need to take lots of pictures of the simple steps above, and none of the next steps. I don't know about you, but once I start getting into a project I forget to keep taking pictures.
 
I wrapped the garland around the tomato cage, then wrapped a string of white lights around the cage. I added a red velvet bow to the top and then I had a cute little Christmas tree!
 
Love it!
 
Here are the finished trees outside. I really wish I had shutters, but when you rent you take what you have and just try to make it pretty!:)
 
I love Christmas!
 
Sharing this with those awesome ladies at

No comments:

Post a Comment