Sunday, January 8, 2012

As for Me and My House..Canvas Art Tutorial

Hello! Happy 2012 I know we are more than a week into it,  but this is my first post of 2012! :)  The last few months of 2011 were super busy and overextended myself a bit, but I promise there will be many more posts coming,  I have many projects I can't wait to share with you!! I would like to thank you if you are still hanging with me, and welcome you if you are just joining me

So, now Christmas is over I can show you something I made as a gift.

I used the same technique I did for this  project.  (Which is still one of my favorite things I have done!)                                           
                                                 This is how I turned this

                                                                    
                                                     Into this



I started with the blank canvas and painted all of it a cream color.


Next I took vinyl letters and placed them on the canvas until I was happy with how it looked.


Then I took brown and painted over the letters.

I had painted two coats of brown when I realized they looked a little different.



 Yes, I had grabbed two different shades of brown!  Oh well, I did what I always do, I just winged it and worked with it. :)   I did a third coat of the second brown and it turned out really good.  I love when a mistake turns into something even better!

I'm not sure why I didn't take pictures of the next part (I may or may not have been rushing to get this done so I could wrap it!) but once the paint dried I removed the letters, using a safety pin to gently pick up the edge of each letter.  After I had removed all of the letters I took a fine sand paper block and gently sanded the surface. 



I was really happy with the way this turned out. I love turning a blank canvas into art, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, me likey! And it's funny because I've used this verse at least twice this week! I definately need to make this for my house!

    ReplyDelete