Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to School Wreath

Is everyone ready to get back to school?  I have always loved the beginning of school, it makes me happy. I love, love, love the first day of school, when you can see all the kids wearing their new backpacks waiting for the bus or getting dropped off.  Too cute!

As I have mentioned before, I ALWAYS decorate my front door. I was getting ready to just put out some flowers in a cute little holder when I saw this cute back to school door decoration at The Diary of Daves Wife.  I was inspired!  ( I think I even used the same apple she did!) I love her super cute polka-dot blog! (You know how much I looooveeee polka-dots!!)

I grabbed my supplies, some of which I had and some of which I purchased at my most favorite store ever...Hobby Lobby! (At 40% off of course!)  


I started by wrapping my polka-dotted ribbon around the wreath form. 

 Next I took my handy dandy chalkboard paint (I love this stuff!) and painted the small piece of wood to make my chalkboard.  My plan was to border the chalkboard with pieces of ruler.


Once I got the rulers cut apart I changed my mind..mostly because cut up rulers just look...well silly!


Then I had the bright idea to make my chalkboard border out of popsicle sticks.
Ends up, I wasn't crazy about that either. In the end, I just decided no border.

I like the way it turned out!


My daughter will start her senior year this week. I am trying to figure out where the time has gone, and I'm trying not to cry. Seriously though, this is almost as emotional as the first day of kindergarten. Another milestone, for her and for me. I've begged her to let me drop her off on her last first day (tears again.) Can you imagine she said no? Haha! :)

Happy Back to School Time Friends! :)


14 comments:

  1. So So Cute Amanda! I love this.. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I hope your boys have a great back to school week!:)

      Delete
  2. I wanna make one!! Very cute, Amanda... Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! You should make one! It was easy peasy! :)

      Delete
  3. So So SO Cute!!! I BIG Puffy Heart the polka-dots! Sharing this on my FB Page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so so much! The first time I ever saw your blog (I found you through Pinterest, when you polka dotted your mixer!) I knew that I would love it! I also share a (big, big) love of polka dots! To have you notice my wreath is exciting, but to have you share it on FB is soooo awesome!!! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Comeca! I love polka dots too, they are kind of my weakness! :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! I like it better than the crayon one I did last year. This year I have been a slacker. ;0
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those crayon wreaths are so cute, but one of those would have never lasted on my front door in this heat! I am so excited to have you here Kyetra! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. What a cute wreath! Boy I'm slacking, I still have summer stuff on my door! Thanks for joining the Keep Calm and Link Up Party! See you again next Friday!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! Ha ha, I had been slacking too, until I made this I still had my fourth of July wreath up! Now I need to make a "September" wreath! Thanks for hosting the Keep Calm and Link Up Party, I love it! :)

      Delete
  7. So cute! Love the way it turned out! Thanks again for linking up to the CHQ blog hop! Happy to be following via GFC. Hope to see you next week! Bring a friend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I am so excited you are! I love your blog! :)

      Delete